Investment and innovation - for a modern health care
Carasent is an investment management company with a special focus on businesses that develop entrepreneurial and e-health solutions.
We believe in innovation that offers a new kind of accessibility and availability for patients and practises, and offer intellectual and financial capital for participants that wishes to provide high quality services.
In the spring of 2018 Apptix ASA, now Carasent, acquired Evimeria EMR AB, a swedish company that deliver web based solutions and electronic medical records (EMRs). An important goal with the investment was to create new possibilities for our businesses.
Our strategies and assets makes it possible for the companies to grow and establish new and increased market presence.
Evimeria and Mindler have entered a cooperation agreement that entails the parties to collaborate in the development of a platform under the working name Webdoc X. The platform being developed is a scalable platform aimed to support Mindler in their expansion in Europe.
– Webdoc X is tailored to meet a large European market with big needs of digitization and cost-effective solutions, says Evimeria’s CEO Dennis Höjer, noting that the agreement aligns with the company’s own ambitions outside Sweden and the Nordic region:
– The cooperation with Mindler is of high importance to us and we find great value in the fact that we are two Swedish companies that together are making a major investment in expansion further into Europe.
Webdoc X is based on the same principle as the Webdoc medical record system, which is currently being used by more than 500 clinics in Sweden. Like its origin platform, Webdoc X is a cloud-based SAAS service, but tailored to meet the needs of the international market. The platform is based on the idea of scalability and that the healthcare provider can adapt the platform themselves by mixing and adding modules as needs arise or change.
For Mindler as a digital healthcare provider with presence in several countries, including the Netherlands and France today, and several more planned for the near future, the agreement grants the opportunity to meet differential conditions and markets within one platform, and confirms Webdoc X as a scalable solution:
– We are happy to work with Evimeria for our continued expansion and making the best mental health care in the world. The Webdoc X platform makes it possible for us to continue to scale our digital healthcare solution for our patients and psychologists, says Magnus Pettersson, Head of International Expansion, Mindler.
About the companies:
Evimeria EMR AB
Evimeria is a software company that develops, sells and delivers e-health services to caregivers in the Nordic region. The business is based on the vision of patient focused care with minimized administration. The core products are the medical record system Webdoc, and Vårdrummet – a digital platform for communication between caregivers and patients. Evimeria currently has 60 employees and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Carasent ASA, which is listed on the Oslo Børs.
The digital psychology provider Mindler was founded in 2018. Today the tech company has 300 accredited psychologists that are associated with the app and that together offer care in over 20 different languages. Mindler’s head office is located in Stockholm, but the company is expanding and is currently meeting the demand for psychologist services in both Sweden and Europe.
See full press release here!
The Company is pleased to announce that it has allocated 11,007,031 new shares
in the Private Placement at a subscription price of NOK 33.40 per share, raising
gross proceeds of NOK 368 million. DNB Markets, a part of DNB Bank ASA acted as
Sole Manager (the “Manager”) in connection with the Private Placement.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the Private Placement to
finance the acquisition of Metodika AB, as announced on 25 May 2021, finance
future potential acquisitions and strengthen the ability to capitalize on
organic growth opportunities, as well as for general corporate purposes.
The share capital increase pertaining to the Private Placement was resolved by
the Board of Directors of the Company (the “Board”) on 25 May 2021 pursuant to
an authorization granted by the Company’s general meeting held 14 January 2021
(the “Authorization”). Notification of allotment of the Offer Shares including
settlement instructions will be sent to the applicants through a notification
from the Manager on 26 May 2021.
See full press release here!
Carasent ASA has acquired the Swedish company Metodika AB (“Metodika”), a leading provider of Enterprise Practice Management (EPM) solutions to independent hospitals and clinics across 10 European countries.
– We are very pleased to have completed this transaction as Metodika, with its complementary market presence will expand Carasent’s geographical footprint significantly by giving access to new European markets such as Denmark, Finland, UK, Germany and Italy, says Dennis Höjer, CEO of Carasent.
Metodika EPM software streamlines information management and efficiently helps its clients with handling the day-to-day operations of clinics and hospitals. The product platform also includes a tool for inpatient care that is complementary to Carasent’s current offering.
– We are impressed by the EPM solution that the Metodika team has developed and look forward to work with its robust organization of 22 highly competent employees. The tool for treatment and surgery will expand our product offering and enable us to service our clients in a new sub-segment. In summary, this transaction is well in-line with communicated strategic priorities of expanding within geographical, segment and product dimensions, he says.
Metodika has an attractive customer base of more than 50 clients across Europe. The company also has growing SaaS-business that can be further intensified under Carasent ownership.
See full press release here!
Carasent ASA appoints new CFO
May 4, 2021
Carasent ASA (CARA) announces the appointment of Svein Martin Bjørnstad as new Chief Financial Officer.
Svein Martin Bjørnstad (31) brings valuable experience from more than 5 years with DNB Markets. He has acted as a trusted advisor to Carasent for a long period, successfully completing several transactions and knows the Company very well.
As the Company, Svein Martin sees great potential in continuing driving organic and acquisitive growth going forward. We are very satisfied with this appointment and are convinced Svein Martin is highly motivated to join the team.
Svein Martin Bjørnstad will assume his new role on 1 August 2021
Press release: Anna Kinberg Batra elected as new board member of Carasent ASA
Jan 14, 2021
At the extraordinary general meeting of the board on January 14, Anna Kinberg Batra was elected as new member of the board of Carasent ASA
– Carasent has shown impressive growth and ability to deliver products and services in a market segment that is going through big changes. I look forward to contributing to this development by using my combined experience from both politics as well as the business sector, Anna Kinberg Batra comments on the assignment.
Anna Kinberg Batra has broad experience from all political levels, as former leader of the Swedish Moderate Party, former chair of the Finance and EU committees in the Swedish Parliament, expert in the Prime Minister’s committee and leader of the Moderates’ first office in the European Parliament.
She has also had local and regional assignments in Nacka, the City of Stockholm and Stockholm County Council / Region Stockholm, including its health and medical care committee. Since then, she has focused on assignments in the business sector, primarily as an advisor and board member.
This background, in combination with specific knowledge in matters relating to digitalization and business development, makes her well suited for the assignment as a member of Carasent’s board, says Johan Lindqvist, chairman of the board:
– We are happy to welcome Anna to the board of Carasent. She will contribute important skills and experience in our efforts to improve the health care sector through efficient and qualitative e-health services.
One of the development areas that Anna Kinberg Batra emphasizes, and wishes to highlight in her work going forward, is the need for sustainable strategies for a coordinated care.
– Swedish healthcare is under great pressure, which has become clear not least during the corona pandemic. We are one of the world’s most digitalized countries and one of the countries that invests the most resources in care. But, at the same time we are listed at the bottom of the OECD-countries regarding the proportion of doctor’s time per patient.
– Using the opportunities of digitalization better in healthcare can therefore have major effects in accessibility and quality. This is something Sweden is in urgent need of and where politics and business need a better exchange with each other, says Anna Kinberg Batra.
Carasent ASA focuses on developing companies and e-health services in the Scandinavian market. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
About Anna Kinberg Batra:
Anna Kinberg Batra has experience from all political levels, as party leader (M) but also chair of the Finance Committee and the EU Committee, expert in the Prime Minister’s Committee and leader of the Moderates’ first office in the European Parliament. She has also had local and regional assignments in Nacka, the City of Stockholm and Stockholm County Council / Region Stockholm, including its health and medical care committee.
In addition to politics, Kinberg Batra has previously been Information Manager at the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, Project Manager at Universum och Prime, board member of Avanza Pension and Collector Bank. Today she works on multiple boards and as a lecturer, author and advisor to company managements, leads the government-driven investigation of digital payments, has board assignments in Swedish Space Corporation, Soltech Energy and SJR and writes chronicles in the financial newspaper Dagens Industri.
For more information:
Johan Lindqvist, Chairman of the Board, Carasent ASA
+46 733 55 09 35
Want to know more? Download the latest financial reports and other notifications in the section below
Smart and sustainable development
We believe in healthy development. Many, but small steps forward, to reach new levels of growth and expansion. Every company have different needs when it comes to investments and goals, and therefore we make sure to map out your specifik pre-conditions before we launch a new project or campain.
Interested in our work? Do you have any questions on how we would undertake your business?